Description, Responsibilities, and Qualifications
- General counseling center outreach and prevention programming
- Assistance with general counseling center operational needs
- Assistance with the development, delivery and assessment of skill building and educational workshops for alcohol and other drug concerns.
- Conduct general outreach and prevention programming for the Counseling Center
- Provide regular assistance to general counseling center operational demands
- Assist with Counseling Center alcohol and other drug program development.
- Offer workshops, educational, skill-building, and early intervention classes, which may include Challenging Alcohol Attitudes Positively (CAP) and Marijuana Information Class (MIC).
- Participate in supervision of Counseling Center Paraprofessionals (CCPs) in outreach, educational, and skill-building workshops.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience with designing and implementing educational and skill-building workshops and working with groups is desirable
- Knowledge and understanding of culturally competent programming are desired
- Availability during the Counseling Center’s business hours (Monday, Tuesday, and Friday 8 am to 5 pm; Wednesday and Thursday 8 am to 7 pm). Must also be flexible to work some evenings and weekends.
Commensurate with current university policies on graduate student stipends and fee waivers. All applicants will be required to fill out a FAFSA form to assess eligibility for Federal Work Study Assistantships.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. To apply for the position please complete the form found at https://forms.illinois.edu/sec/8601960.