Description, Responsibilities, and Qualifications
- Conduct general outreach and prevention programming for the Counseling Center
- Provide regular assistance to general counseling center operational demands
- Attend Counseling Center’s Integrative Health and Wellness Outreach and Prevention Team meetings. Serve as a liaison to campus groups also engaged in wellness programming (e.g., University of Illinois Wellness Center, McKinley Health Center Peer Education Program).
- Participate in the development and delivery of programs on integrative health and wellness-related issues in collaboration with other Counseling Center special emphasis areas.
- Participate in the planning and delivery of wellness/health events and programs such as McKinley Stress Less Party, School of Medicine Complementary and Alternative Medicine Day, Campus Recreation Block Party, AHS 365 Civic Engagement in Wellness class, Mindfulness Group for Graduate Students, Campus Recreation LEAP program, and other wellness-related events/programs.
- Train and participate in supervision of Counseling Center paraprofessionals in their development and delivery of programming around integrative health and wellness issues, outreach roles, and skill building workshops
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate student in Clinical Psychology, Community Health, Counseling Psychology, Educational Policy Organization and Leadership, Educational Psychology, Medical Scholars, Nutritional Sciences, Psychology, Social Work, Special Education, Speech and Hearing Sciences, or other approved academic programs that would meet qualifications for a pre-professional experience
- Experience and/or specific interest in integrative, complementary, and/or alternative health practices; wellness promotion; supervision/mentoring; and skill building and collaborative programming
- Availability during the Counseling Center’s business hours (Monday, Tuesday and Friday 8 am to 5 pm; Wednesday and Thursday 8 am to 7 pm). Must also be flexible to work some evenings and weekends.
Commensurate with current university policies on graduate student stipends and fee waivers. All applicants will be required to fill out a FAFSA form to assess eligibility for Federal Work Study Assistantships.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. To apply for the position please complete the form found at https://forms.illinois.edu/sec/8601960.