Description, Responsibilities, and Qualifications
- Conduct general outreach and programming for the Counseling Center
- Provide regular assistance to general counseling center operational demands
- Supervise CCP projects and outreach activities such as Tuesday @ 7 workshops
- Assist the program coordinator in the administration and organization of the CCP program
- Assist with developing and implementing successful and creative marketing strategies for programmatic offerings
- Participate in supervision of Counseling Center Paraprofessionals (CCPs) in outreach roles and skill-building workshops
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate student in Clinical Psychology, Community Health, Counseling Psychology, Educational Policy Organization and Leadership, Educational Psychology, Medical Scholars, Nutritional Sciences, Psychology, Social Work, Special Education, Speech and Hearing Sciences, or other approved academic programs that would meet qualifications for a pre-professional experience
- Experience with designing and implementing skill building workshops and working with groups is desirable
- Knowledge and understanding of culturally competent programming is required
- Supervision experience. Preference will be given to students with prior experience working with a peer education, peer advisement, or peer facilitation program
- Availability during the Counseling Center’s business hours (Monday, Tuesday, and Friday 8 am to 5 pm; Wednesday nd Thursday 8 am to 7 pm). Must also be flexible to work some evenings and weekends.
Commensurate with current university policies on graduate student stipends and fee waivers. All applicants will be required to fill out a FAFSA form to assess eligibility for Federal Work Study Assistantships. Commensurate with current university policies on graduate student stipends and fee waivers. All applicants will be required to fill out a FAFSA form to assess eligibility for Federal Work Study Assistantships.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. To apply for the position please complete the form found at https://forms.illinois.edu/sec/8601960.