Description, Responsibilities, and Qualifications
- Conduct general outreach and prevention programming for the Counseling Center
- Provide regular assistance to general counseling center operational demands
- Attend Counseling Center’s Queers and Allies (Q&A) Committee meetings, Ally Network Training Committee (ANTC) meetings and all Ally Network meetings. Provide administrative support to these committees. Serve as a liaison to campus LGBTQQIA groups.
- Participate in the development and delivery of programs around LGBTQQIA-related issues and other diversity programming.
- Participate in the planning for National Coming Out Day events, Day of Silence, LGBT Awareness Week, Transgender Day of Remembrance, and other LGBTQQIA-related events.
- Participate in training and supervision of Counseling Center paraprofessionals in their development and delivery of programming around LGBTQQIA issues, outreach roles, and skill building workshops
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate student in Clinical Psychology, Community Health, Counseling Psychology, Educational Policy Organization and Leadership, Educational Psychology, Medical Scholars, Nutritional Sciences, Psychology, Social Work, Special Education, Speech and Hearing Sciences, or other approved academic programs that would meet qualifications for a pre-professional experience
- Experience with designing and implementing skill building workshops and working with groups is desirable
- Experience and specific interest in LGBTQQIA issues, in diversity training, and skill-building/educational programming
- Availability during the Counseling Center’s business hours (Monday, Tuesday and Friday 8 am to 5 pm; Wednesday and Thursday 8 am to 7 pm). Must also be flexible to work some evenings and weekends.
Commensurate with current university policies on graduate student stipends and fee waivers. All applicants will be required to fill out a FAFSA form to assess eligibility for Federal Work Study Assistantships.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. To apply for the position please complete the form found at https://forms.illinois.edu/sec/8601960.