Description, Responsibilities, and Qualifications
This pre-professional graduate assistantship is located with the Women’s Resources Center, a programming unit of the Office of Inclusion and Intercultural Relations/Student Affairs. The primary responsibility of the position is to assist in coordinating the First Year Campus Acquaintance Rape Education (FYCARE) program. The position is supervised by the Associate Director responsible for sexual violence prevention education.
- Manage logistics for the staffing of FYCARE workshops, including scheduling all peer facilitator shifts, managing substitution requests, and fielding questions and concerns from both workshop participants and facilitators
- Work alongside the Associate Director to aid in the hiring, training, evaluation, and supervision of FYCARE peer facilitators, including assisting in the creation and facilitation of training sessions and roundtable meetings
- Occasionally, may assist with developing, facilitating, and overseeing additional workshops on sexual violence and related topics, including the ICARE bystander intervention workshop and the GUARD fraternity/sorority seminar
- May aid in program evaluation efforts and other duties as assigned. (Some duties will not run concurrently; for example, ICARE takes place primarily after FYCARE workshops have concluded.)
- Evening hours will be required.
- A deep understanding of the issues, dynamics, and contexts around sexual violence
- A commitment to ending gender-based marginalization, and an intersectional framework
- Demonstrated experience or applicable skills in supervising and coordinating student activities and facilitating college student programming
- Experience working with diverse student populations
- A positive attitude, and be able to work independently with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated strong written communication skills.
To be eligible for this assistantship, applicants must be enrolled as a graduate student at the University of Illinois.
Commensurate with current University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign policies on graduate student stipends and waivers. Please notify the interviewer if you are eligible for Federal Work Study.
- Submit cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references, at least one related to past/current work experience, by emailing Jaya Kolisetty, Associate Director, Women’s Resources Center at email@example.com.
- Review of applications will begin immediately, and interviews may be scheduled as soon as applications are received. For full consideration, please apply by Friday, April 30, 2021.
- For more information, contact Jaya Kolisetty, Associate Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.