Department of East Asian Languages and Cultures [EALC]
Description, Responsibilities, and Qualifications
The Department of East Asian Languages and Cultures at University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign (UIUC) invites application for a teaching assistant (TA) position in the Korean language program for Spring 2023. The appointment will be made semester by semester at the minimum of 33% up to 41% and is renewable, contingent upon his/her teaching performance and funding availability.
- Applicants must be a graduate student in a master’s program under LAS or in Ph D programs at UIUC. Students pursuing a master’s degree in other colleges are welcome to apply but priorities will be given to those in LAS or in Ph D programs.
- Applicants must have native or near native level fluency in Korean and native or near native English proficiency.
- All teaching assistants whose native language is not English need to provide a qualifying score of the TOEFL iBT, iELTS, or the English Proficiency Interview (EPI) to be considered for a teaching assistantship in Spring 2023.
- Experience in teaching in higher education is highly desirable.
- Teach a Korean language course (4 or 5 days a week)
- Grade assignments, quizzes, and exams
- Assist with the UIUC Korean placement/proficiency test on Friday, January 13
- Attend bi-weekly TA meetings
- Attend the Campus TA orientation in January (for first-time TAs)
To ensure full consideration, submit the following materials by email to Director of the Korean language program (Jeeyoung Ahn Ha, firstname.lastname@example.org), by Friday, Nov.4. Please include “Application for the Korean TA position” as the subject of the email.
A letter of application written in Korean that details your teaching experiences and philosophy Curriculum vitae The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO
Friday November 4th 2022
Sunday, January 1, 2023