Description, Responsibilities, and Qualifications
The Department of Latina/Latino Studies is seeking:
- One teaching assistant at the 25% level to assist in grading LLS 242: Intro to Latina/o Literature for Fall 2022.
A tuition and fee waiver is possible, depending on the percentage of appointment, and the applicant’s graduate program. The graduate student appointed to the position will be expected to work hours and meet responsibilities commensurate with those outlined by the Graduate College and the University’s agreement with the Graduate Employment Organization (GEO contract).
The position will begin August 16, 2022 and extend to December 31, 2022. The applicant must be available prior to the beginning of the fall term for orientation and class preparation and must also be available for finals and grading at the end of the term.
Graduate students with teaching experience in Latina/Latino Studies and/or ethnic studies will receive priority consideration.
- Letter of application detailing your interest and qualifications for the assistantship. Make sure to indicate experience and interest in teaching Latina/Latino Studies and/or ethnic studies courses.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Two letters of reference, with one being from the graduate advisor. If you have taught for Latina/Latino Studies, one reference should be from the supervising instructor for the course.
- Unofficial graduate transcripts.
- Official course evaluation scores, if applicable.
- Writing sample.
- Finalists must also be available for an interview with a Latina/Latino Studies faculty committee.
Submit the above application materials by email to Alicia P. Rodriguez, Academic Advisor and Administrative Coordinator, at email@example.com.