Description, Responsibilities, and Qualifications
The Program in Jewish Culture & Society at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign seeks a Graduate Teaching Assistant (TA) to teach Nebrew language classes, starting in the academic year 2021-2022. The anticipated teaching load is one section per semester. The selected candidate will be responsible for teaching all classes (i.e. scheduled class meetings) for the assigned course(s) and conducting assessments, in consultation with the language program director.
- Material development
- Holding office hours
- Attending meetings and helping with special events (such as social hour, film nights, conversation tables, etc.)
- Promoting the program through activities, flyers, and informational sessions, as applicable
- Required to attend relevant training sessions.
- Relevant teaching experience
- Native-like knowledge of Hebrew
- Excellent English skills
- Good computer skills (preferably including experience with using Compass or Moodle for teaching)
- Good at working in a team
- Language teaching training and/or experience, as well as linguistic training are desired.
Students interested in applying for this position should send their CV and a one-page cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications reviewed on a rolling basis until position is filled.