A video tutorial on using the online committee request system is available at the bottom of this page.
This system is for use by University staff with proper authorization only; students should contact their departmental office to initiate a request for appointment of an examination committee.
To request a change to a committee during the 180-day term of appointment:
- Access the previously submitted request form through the link contained in the email notice you received upon the committee's appointment.
- Add or remove committee members and make note of the change in the text field above the Submit button.
- Click the Submit button.
After the change has been approved, you will receive an email with links to the revised committee forms.
Only users who have been approved as a Doctoral Committee Appointer and Submitter in the Graduate College Roles & Access Manager (GC-RAM) are granted access to the secure system. (By default, all approved DGSs and Graduate Contacts are able to submit committee requests.) For further information, refer to the GC-RAM instructions.
Graduate College Policy and Resources
Graduate College policy requires a minimum of 4 voting committee members, at least 3 of whom are University of Illinois (Urbana campus) graduate faculty and at least 2 of whom are tenured University of Illinois (Urbana campus) graduate faculty.
- Graduate faculty membership status may be determined by consulting the Graduate Faculty Database.
- For the complete policy on doctoral examination committees, refer to Chapter 6 of the Graduate College Handbook.
- Thesis Office (email@example.com or 333-6278): for questions about committee appointments and submitting exam result forms
- Emily Wuchner (firstname.lastname@example.org or 300-5217): for questions about adding/extending Graduate Faculty membership
- Allison McKinney (email@example.com or 333-0035): for updating the GC-RAM