Skip to main content

Who to Call about What

Below is a list of topics common to the role of graduate contact which gives a link or phone number for more information.



Contact and/or Information

Campus Computer Support

CITES is the provider of campus-wide computing, networking, communications technology, and instructional technology services supporting academic activities of faculty, staff, and students at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.


AITS helps responds to emails with requests or issues about all administrative IT systems including Banner, HR Front End, Decision Support, OBFS Payroll and iBuy. In addition, they manage enterprise accounts and passwords, assist users with basic desktop or laptop issues, and direct users to appropriate campus or departmental resources for problems with networks or business processes we are not authorized to assist with.


The Graduate College registers doctoral students for the ceremony, determines if they have met the campus requirements and distributes their tickets. The Commencement Ceremonies are managed by the Commencement Office.; 217-333-8834

EPT (English as a Second Language Placement Test)

The UIUC English Placement Test (EPT) is used to assess English ability of newly admitted international students as validated against the English language demands of our campus. This is not the same as the requirement for International Teaching Assistants. For information or to register for the EPT, please visit this website:

FERPA training

Office of the Registrar:

Financial aid

Student Financial Aid, 333-0100;

GEO contract

Academic Human Resources,

Graduate Student Assistantships

Academic Human Resources,

Graduate Tuition Waiver Policy

Fellowship Office, Graduate College, 217-333-0036

Housing on campus

Univeristy Housing has facilities especially for graduate students and for graduate students with families.

Health Benefits for students

The McKinley Health Center and Student Insurance are two different offices, with different services, different fees and different eligibility. Vision and dental insurance are also available to graduate students.

See the difference and contact information here:

International Student Visas

International Student and Scholar Services is the resources for everything related to international members of the campus and their visa concerns. 217-333-1303; 400 Student Services Building;

Office of the Registrar

The registrar is the official at a college or university who is responsible for keeping all student records (past and present). Student Web Site,

Faculty and Staff Web Site,

Payments to Foreign Nationals

For instructions on how to pay visiting nonresident alien consultants, scholars, and dignitaries, whether they are employees of the University of Illinois or not, including awards, see

Student Billing and Accounts

USFSCO is the office for these questions, financial holds and sponsored students. 217-333-2180;

Tuition and Fees Assessment

Office of the Registrar,