Novel Coronavirus & Graduate Admissions
We are currently monitoring developments related to the recent novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
During this time, we want to do what we can to relieve stress related to the graduate admissions process. We understand that many schools and testing services have suspended operations indefinitely. We are taking this and other extenuating circumstances into consideration as we review applicants and work with our admitted students. If you have been impacted by the outbreak, we encourage you to contact your graduate program regarding your specific situation and to monitor the COVID-19 Updates page on our website for more information as it becomes available.
Our thoughts are with everyone affected, and we hope that you stay safe.
Who Qualifies as an International Applicant?
International applicants are citizens or permanent residents of a country to which they intend to return other than the United States. International applicants may be in the United States on an educational, worker or visitor visa, or be residing in their home country.
Please note: International applicants who have filed an application for United States Permanent Residency, but have not yet been granted approval, are considered international applicants, but are not required to provide financial documentation.
When Should International Applicants Apply?
International applicants are urged to submit their application for admission ten months prior to their intended semester of entry.
What Is Required?
The following are requirements specifically for international applicants:
- Submission of a $90.00 application fee.
- International applicants who are requesting F-1 or J-1 visa eligibility documents are required to submit Proof of Funding Documentation
- Provide evidence of English proficiency
- International applicants must meet minimum requirements based on their country of origin.
- Minimum Requirements
- Uploading Credentials
- English Proficiency Requirement
- Proof of Funding Documentation
- Visa Information
- Immunization Requirement
- Application Instructions
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for International Applicants
- Application Checklist
- International Student and Scholar Services
- Department of Homeland Security's Study in the States Website