Welcome! We are delighted you are considering pursuing graduate studies at the University of Illinois.
Before Beginning the Application Process
- Check to be sure that you meet our minimum requirements.
- Select your program from the list of Graduate Programs of Study.
- Read the application instructions.
- Read the additional information for Domestic Applicants or International Applicants.
- Check with your proposed graduate program for additional instructions, requirements, and application deadlines.
- Joint program applicants should review additional instructions for joint degree applications.
- International exchange program applicants should review additional instructions for International Exchange Students.
- Non-Degree applicants should review our non-degree instructions.
- Juris Doctor applicants should apply directly to the College of Law.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine applicants should apply directly to the College of Veterinary Medicine.
- Review answers to Frequently Asked Questions as they may help you with your application and admission process.
New Illinois Graduate Applicants
Click the Apply Now button below to start your graduate online application! Remember that not all programs offer admission to all terms. Please check with your proposed program of study office for term availability and deadline information.
Returning Illinois Graduate Students
If you have previously enrolled as a graduate student at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, and wish to return to the Graduate College, please review our re-entry instructions.
Current Illinois Graduate Students
For general information about campus and the Champaign-Urbana community, visit the web at www.grad.illinois.edu/student-life.
The University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available. This report includes statistics from the previous three years concerning reported crime that occurred on campus, in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign campus and statistics for fires in on-campus student housing. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security and other safety information along with fire safety policies and procedures. You may obtain a hard copy of this report by contacting the Division of Public Safety or by accessing the following website: http://police.illinois.edu/clery