Skip to main content

Admitted Student Questions

How do I accept my offer of admission?

You can view your admission letter and accept or decline your admission offer on your application status page

How do I find my UIN and Activation code?

This information is included in your admission letter; log back in to your application status page to re-review your letter.

How do I get my Net ID and register for classes?

Please visit our Quick Guide for a complete set of information and instructions to get you started, including claiming your Net ID, registering for classes, getting your I-Card, and setting up your email.

Can I defer my admission?

To defer your admission you will need to speak with your program of study office. If they approve, you can defer for up to one calendar year.

I have decided not to attend the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign: what do I need to do? 

You should contact your department and tell them of your decision. You should also log back in to your application status page to decline your admission offer. This is all that is needed to cancel your admission. If you have registered already for your admission term, you must also cancel your registration via Student Self-Service or by submitting a completed Cancellation Form to your program office.

I have a transcript hold, what do I need to do?

Your admission was conditional based on you providing all final, official credentials from your previous institutions during your first term of enrollment. You can access your application status page to view the list of pending credentials. You can also view our Final Credential Requirements page for additional information on this requirement and how to submit your credentials. You must send these credentials to the Graduate College to avoid registration issues.

I already sent in my final transcripts, yet I still have a transcript hold, what do I need to do?

Please contact your graduate program to see if they have received these credentials and to have them forward the credentials to our office to remove your hold.

I cannot obtain my final transcripts yet and I need to register, what do I do?

You need to contact your graduate program to request that they approve a hold extension for you. You will need to document why you are unable to obtain these credentials and when you expect to provide them to our office. If your department approves, they must submit a letter requesting an extension for fulfulling this condition of your admission. Our Assistant Dean will review these requests on a case-by-case basis.