The Proposed Program Information page allows you to pick the program and term you are applying for, as well as answer program-specific questions and information about application fee waivers.
PREVIOUS UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS AFFILIATION:
- If you have previously been an applicant, student, or employee of the University of Illinois, please be prepared to provide your previously issued University ID Number (UIN).
PROposed program of study:
- You will be asked to pick your Proposed Program (department), Degree, Field of Specialization, and Desired Term of Enrollment.
- We recommend reviewing the Programs of Study, along with the proposed program of study website, to review the admissions and degree requirements of the degree for which you are applying.
- Deadline Information: Once an application deadline has passed for a specific term, that term will no longer display.
- Check with your proposed program of study office for application deadlines. You may be asked to indicate any faculty members you are interested in working with during your studies at Illinois.
- Some programs will have additional program-specific questions on this page. If you have any questions about these program-specific questions, please contact your proposed program of study.
- Please note that some departments may consider your application for multiple programs if your application is not selected for admission by your original proposed program. However, many departments require an additional application to be submitted before reviewing for additional programs. See our Applying for Multiple Programs instructions for more information.
APPLICATION FEE WAIVERS:
The following domestic applicants are eligible for an application fee waiver or exemption and can indicate so on the online application:
University of Illinois Employees:
This includes Civil Service Staff, Academic Professionals, and Faculty only. Academic Hourly and Student Employee positions do not qualify for an application fee waiver.
Illinois Promise (I-Promise) Scholars:
I-Promise Scholars are eligible for application fee waivers when applying to a graduate program. Please indicate your I-Promise Scholar designation in this section of the online application.
For more information on this program and to submit your FreeApp application, please visit http://www.grad.illinois.edu/freeapp
. FreeApp is designed to increase access to graduate education for students who possess qualities and experiences that enhance the diversity of the intellectual, cultural, and social environments at Big Ten Academic Alliance universities. As long as you have submitted your FreeApp application and indicated interest in Illinois prior to submitting your online application to Illinois, we will approve your fee waiver.
The Big Ten Academic Alliance sends us a list of all applicants who complete the FreeApp application and indicate interest in Illinois, so no additional documentation is needed. FreeApp is open to students from across the United States who meet the criteria listed at http://www.grad.illinois.edu/freeapp, and applicants are not required to have previously studied at a Big Ten university.
If you have participated in an SROP (Summer Research Opportunities Program) at the University of Illinois or another institution in the United States, you may qualify for an application fee waiver. You will be prompted to upload documentation of your SROP participation on this page. This documentation is required prior to submitting your application
Project 1000 Applicants:
For more information on this program and to submit your Project 1000 application, please visit http://mati.eas.asu.edu/p1000/. As long as you have submitted your Project 1000 Application and indicate interest in Illinois prior to submitting your online application to Illinois, we will approve your fee waiver. Project 1000 sends us all application materials for those who complete the Project 1000 application and indicate interest in Illinois, so no additional documentation is needed.
If you are a current McNair Scholar, please ask your current institution to provide you with a letter of proof of your McNair status that you can upload to your online application. This documentation will be required before you can submit your application. For more information about the McNair Scholar program, please visit http://www.omsa.illinois.edu/programs/TRIO/mcnair/.
United States Military Service
If you have previously or are currently serving in the United States Military, you are eligible for an application fee waiver. You will be prompted to upload documentation of your service on this page. This documentation is required prior to submitting your application.
Allied Agencies Applicants:
If you are affiliated with one of our allied agencies
, you may indicate your allied agency in this section. You will be prompted to upload documentation of your affiliation with this allied agency on this page. This documentation is required prior to submitting your application. Your fee waiver request will be reviewed for approval after submission of your application.
Unfortunately, unless you are covered by one of the waivers described above, the application fee will not be waived.