Congratulations! As you finish your final semester, here is a checklist of items to help you prepare for graduation.
Complete Degree Requirements
- Apply to graduate using Self-Service
- For doctoral students, schedule and take your final exam (defend)
- Deposit your thesis or dissertation with the Graduate College. Make note of deadlines and format templates as you plan ahead for a smooth deposit!
- Finish up all required courses
Plan to Participate in Commencement Celebrations
- Check out the complete list of events.
- Check with your department about unit convocation registration
- Order your academic attire (all orders will ship to your home)
Prepare For Your Next Steps
- Update your diploma address in Self-Service (diplomas are mailed about 9 weeks after conferral)
- Complete exit surveys for master's students and doctoral students
- Check your student account
- Learn what happens to your email and files after graduation
- Celebrate your achievements with your family and friends!
Important MAY 2022 Dates
Mark your calendars for the following dates.
Last day to apply for May degree conferral (adding your name to the degree list) on Student Self-Service.
Last day for graduates to register for the Doctoral Hooding Ceremony.
Last day to complete a December doctoral dissertation deposit with the Graduate College Thesis Office.
Last day to complete a December master's thesis deposit with the Graduate College Thesis Office.