Congratulations to the semi-finalists in the graduate student edition of the 2019 Image of Research competition!
Join us on Wednesday, April 3 from 4:00 – 5:30 p.m. in room 220 of the University Library to view their entries and to vote for the People’s Choice award.
The semi-finalists are:
- Paul Michael Leonardo Atienza (Anthropology), A GPS to Finding Love in a Congested Place
- Fan Kiat Chan (Mechanical Science and Engineering), The Oscillating Donut
- Purba Chatterjee (Physics), Strength in Numbers: An Art of Life
- Jaylen De’Angelo Clay (Dance), Lost in Translation
- Elliot Emadian (Dance), blue | confuse | who
- Jay Howard (Crop Sciences), Sourcing Natural Food Colorants from Amaranth
- Savannah Hubly (Speech and Hearing Sciences), Transgender Voice and Personal Identity
- Vaibhav Karve (Mathematics), 6174
- Jean Larmon (Anthropology), At the Water's Edge: Fighting Poaching on Sacred Landscapes
- Shelby Lawson (Animal Biology), Unhand Me!
- Dicky Liu (Electrical and Computer Engineering), The Extra Steps It Takes to Break the Limit
- Soumya Negi (Cell and Developmental Biology), Faces of Genesis
- Justin B. Nevill (Civil and Environmental Engineering), "This was my father's house… he didn't make it."
- Lucas Neira (Animal Science), Good to the Last Drop
- Matt Milner (Mechanical Science and Engineering), Small-Scale Ballistic Cavitation: High Pressures and Fast Pulses Fracturing Soft Material
- Aparna Pillai (Architecture), Motion Structures
- Daniel Rhee (Civil and Environmental Engineering), A-maize-ing Tornado Footprint
- Puja Roy (Atmospheric Sciences), Clouds: Ciphers in the Sky
- Fatemeh Saeidi-Rizi (Landscape Architecture), The Physical Quality of Our Environment
- Jessica Saw (Molecular and Integrative Physiology), The Art of Pain: Geobiology Dissolves Away the Agony of Kidney Stones
- Dhawal Thakare (Mechanical Science and Engineering), Microcapsules: The Building Block of Self-Healing Materials
- Irina Valenzuela (Economics), "Gobernados por Ladrones" [Governed by Thieves]
- Ramya Pattanur Vasudevan (Architecture), New Lens on Architecture
- Giridar Vishwanathan (Mechanical Science and Engineering), Smile, You're on High Speed Camera
- Tim Yang (Kinesiology), Glute ID
Awards for First Prize ($500), Second Prize ($300), Third Prize ($200), and Honorable Mention ($100) will be announced at the reception. The winner of the People's Choice will receive a $100 award. All awards are dispersed as professional development travel funds.
For details about the competition, see The Image of Research website.