Interviews are a chance for an organization to assess your qualifications for the job as well as an opportunity for you to learn about and evaluate the position. You must be able to make your résumé come alive and highlight your strengths in a short period of time.
- Prepare for the interview like any other major exam.
- Presentation matters—pay attention to your body language, appearance and tone.
- Learn about the interview settings and types.
- Understand the most effective ways to answer interview questions.
- Follow up every interview with a thank you letter.
Get Personalized Career Coaching
If you are a current graduate student or postdoc at the University of Illinois, you can schedule an appointment to meet with a career advisor to discuss the interview process and prepare for upcoming interviews.