Sixteen University of Illinois graduate students have been named Diversifying Higher Education Faculty in Illinois (DFI) Fellows by the Illinois Board of Higher Education.
DFI Fellowships are dedicated to diversifying the faculty and administration at colleges and universities in Illinois. To that end, fellowships support underrepresented graduate students who intend to teach or become administrators in higher education in the state following graduation.
Congratulations to our 2022-23 DFI Fellows:
• Asia Abumaye – Labor & Employment Relations
• Brian Acosta –Curriculum & Instruction
• Alishia Alexander – Sociology
• Citlalli Garcia – Curriculum & Instruction
• Alissa Irvin – Curriculum & Instruction
• Marisol Jimenez – Education Policy, Organization, & Leadership
• Miche’le Johnson – Curriculum & Instruction
• William Langston – Information Sciences
• Reginald Lewis – Music
• Grisel Lopez-Alvarez – Labor & Employment Relations
• Edwin Monarrez – Special Education
• Rayven Morrow – Education Policy, Organization, & Leadership
• Zam (Kendra) Nalubega-Booker – Curriculum & Instruction
• Jasmine Porter-Rallins – Education Policy, Organization, & Leadership
• Yuliana Soto – Kinesiology & Community Health
• Nathaniel Stewart – Education Policy, Organization, & Leadership
For a complete list of awardees from across the state, visit IBHE’s New Fellows webpage.