Description, Responsibilities, and Qualifications
Assist in the development and administration of outreach and prevention programming for Latino/a students.
- Conduct general outreach and prevention programming for the Counseling Center
- Provide regular assistance to general counseling center operational demands
- Assist in special projects for the Latino/a student community such as workshops and presentations.
- Assist in research on Latino/a student needs.
- Assist in Center's liaison to La Casa Cultural, Latina and Latino/a student organizations, Peer Retention Program, and Latino/a sororities and fraternities.
- Assist in co-developing skill building workshops and social programming with other campus units working with students of color, e.g., Office of Minority Student Affairs, La Casa, Access and Achievement Program, Housing, etc.
- Participate in supervision of Counseling Center Paraprofessionals (CCPs) in outreach roles and skill building workshops
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate student in Clinical Psychology, Community Health, Counseling Psychology, Educational Policy Organization and Leadership, Educational Psychology, Medical Scholars, Nutritional Sciences, Psychology, Social Work, Special Education, Speech and Hearing Sciences or other approved academic programs that would meet qualifications for a pre-professional experience
- Experience with designing and implementing skill building workshops and working with groups is desirable
- Knowledge and understanding of culturally competent programming is desired
- Ability to consult with Latino/a student groups
- Experience with program development and evaluation desirable
- Knowledge of and experience in working with Latino/a students
- Availability during the Counseling Center’s business hours (Monday, Tuesday and Friday 8 am to 5 pm; Wednesday and Thursday 8 am to 7 pm)
- Must also be flexible to work some evenings and weekends.
Commensurate with current university policies on graduate student stipends and fee waivers. All applicants will be required to fill out a FAFSA form to assess eligibility for Federal Work Study Assistantships.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. To apply for the position please complete the form found at https://forms.illinois.edu/sec/8601960.
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please email Mary Barker, Human Resources Associate, firstname.lastname@example.org