GradLINKS is a weekly e-bulletin with news and opportunities for graduate students at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. It is produced by the Graduate College and distributed every Sunday to graduate students and staff who work with graduate students.
Submitting an Item to GradLINKS
- Submissions must be received by 5:00 p.m. the Wednesday prior to distribution.
- Please use the submission form: http://go.illinois.edu/GradLINKS-submit
- After you complete the form, your submission will enter the GradLINKS queue.
- A member of the GradLINKS team will let you know if your submission is accepted before the deadline for the issue you selected.
- Entries must be of relevance to graduate students broadly.
- We do not advertise sales or discounts from off-campus vendors for graduate students.
- We do not run items during back-to-back weeks. If you’d like an item to be included in more than one issue, fill out the submission form once per week you’d like it your item included. Try to tailor your message for each week. For example, “Registration opening” and “Registration closing” in two separate issues.
Tips for a Successful GradLINKS Submission
- Keep it short. Each post is limited to 400 characters of body text and 75 characters for the title.
- Include time, date, and place for all events.
- Include a URL and/or contact information so that people can learn more about your entry.
- Write in the third person, not first person, to help our readers identify who is sponsoring the event. For example, “The Writer’s Workshop invites you to…” instead of “We invite you to…”
If you have any questions, please contact the Graduate College at 244-5616. We are happy to help you reach out to graduate students.