- Have questions regarding registration changes, policies, procedures, or deadlines?
- Need help with a registration form?
- Chat with our Registration Services team via Zoom about registration policies and procedures, such as submitting a late registration form, taking a class as credit/no-credit, registering in absentia, auditing a class, or withdrawing from the term.
- For advising about specific courses you should take, your study or degree plan, you should reach out to your graduate program.
Register for Classes
Register for Classes, Check Records, Review Billing
Graduate College Registration Requirements and general information
- Graduate College Handbook (Chapter 2, p. 13)
The below registration options are detailed in our Graduate College Handbook in Chapter 2, p. 17:
- Graduate Study Abroad
- Domestic Study Away
- Late Registration/Late Course Changes
- Credit / No Credit
- Auditing a Class
- In Absentia Registration
- Alternative registration options such as Research Credit or Zero Credit, and GC 599.
- Big 10 Academic Alliance Traveling Scholar Program Application Procedures
Many of the registration options listed above require a form to be approved by your graduate program and submitted to the Graduate College.
audit request forms (pdf)
The Audit Request Form is a fillable PDF form that should be completed and submitted directly to the Office of the Registrar prior to the posted deadline. To access this form and for instructions for submission, please visit https://registrar.illinois.edu/registration/auditing/.
WITHDRAWAL/CANCELLATION FORMS (pdf)
The Withdrawal / Cancellation Request Form is a fillable PDF form available on the Graduate College Forms page and must be completed and submitted online through the Graduate College form Drop-Off system.
ONLINE FORMS SUBMITTED VIA THE GRADUATE COLLEGE STUDENT PORTAL
The following forms are now fully online forms and should be submitted through the Graduate College Student Portal:
- Credit / No Credit Request Form
- GC 599 Registration Request Form
- In Absentia Registration Request Form
- Late Registration Change Request Form
We have created a series of videos demonstrating how to use the Graduate College Student Portal to submit these forms: