The Academic History application section requires you to provide detailed information about all post-secondary institutions you have attended. For each institution, you will need to provide the following information:
- Institution Name and Address Information
- Degree Received or Expected
- Attendance and Degree Dates
- Academic Major
- Grade Point Average
If you received multiple degrees from an institution, you will need to list this institution multiple times. For example, if you received a bachelor's and master's degree from an institution, you will need to list this institution twice in order to provide information about both earned degrees.
Please note that you will be required to upload your transcripts for each institution you have attended.
Please review our Uploading Credentials page for more detailed instructions on academic credential upload requirements.
All credentials uploaded to the online application are considered unofficial. You will be asked to submit official credentials (transcripts, academic records, diplomas, certificates of degrees, etc.) only if you are admitted. These must be submitted during your first term of enrollment at the University of Illinois.
Applicants with International Credentials:
- English translations must also be uploaded if the credentials are not in English (we prefer English translations to be issued by your university, but we will also accept translations issued by a certified public translator, a governmental agency, or from an ATA (American Translators Association) translator).
- If your degree has been awarded and your degree information is not listed on your transcript, you will also need to upload a copy of your diploma or certificate of degree.
- Important: For applicants with international credentials, all documents must come from the institution. We DO NOT accept documents from credential evaluation service organizations such as WES or ECE.