Postdocs are temporary positions that provide additional training in preparation for a future career. Whether you are looking for a job in academia, government or the private sector, campus career offices have resources to support your search, including providing information about the job search process, application materials, job postings, interview preparations and negotiation.
Check out your career services office now! Early preparation can make your job search easier and increase your options. Career Services Offices serving postdocs:
- Graduate College Career Development Office serves postdocs in all disciplines, including the humanities and social sciences
- School of Chemical Sciences Career Counseling and Placement Services serves postdocs in chemistry and chemical and biomolecular engineering
- Engineering Career Services serves postdocs in engineering, physics and computer science.
Handshake @ Illinois
Handshake is a career services platform where Illinois students and postdocs can connect with employers and find job opportunities.
As a user, you can:
- Schedule career advising appointments with the Graduate College
- Upload your resume
- Search the online job board with job and internship postings
- View information and announcements about company presentations and recruiting events
- Find information about career-related workshops and events
- Access contact information for industry and government recruiters
Register using the button below, and an account will be created for you within 3-5 business days.