Would you like to connect with other postdocs?
The UIUC Postdoc Alliance is a campus-wide group in Champaign-Urbana with the following five goals:
- To provide a forum for communicating with administration officials about postdoctoral issues at UIUC
- To provide a social network for postdocs at UIUC
- To provide a support network for incoming postdocs adjusting to life in Champaign-Urbana
- To provide a peer mentoring scheme between postdocs to further career goals
- To provide a channel for cross-promotion of events relevant to postdocs on campus
The Postdoc Alliance is a friendly welcoming group open to all members of the postdoctoral community independent of race, gender, sexuality and nationality. They are committed to equity and justice and creating a fun supportive environment on campus. They invite postdocs to join them at regular meetings and through their online Slack community. They can be contacted at "uiuc-postdoc-alliance[@]googlegroups.com".