Welcome back to Illinois! Our Quick Guide for returning students includes essential steps to help you get everything in place.
First Steps for Re-entry Students
1. RE-activate your NetID
Your NetID and password are required for access to many services at the University.
- Your NetID will be automatically reactivated in 24-48 hours after your receive you re-entry approval notice.
- After this time, you will need to contact Technology Services at email@example.com or 217-244-7000 to obtain a password reset token and link.
- Follow these steps to reset your NetID password.
- Once you NetID is reactivated and you’ve reset your password using the reset token from Technology Services, you can then access university services that require a NetID and password.
2. Use Your Office 365 Email Account
Your Illinois.edu email address will not be activated until after you have registered for classes for your re-entry term. Once you register, your Illinois.edu email address will be automatically activated within 24 hours.
Microsoft Outlook Online (Office 365) is the official campus service used for email, calendaring, and contact and task management at the University of Illinois and is vital for receiving emails and information from the University. To check your mailbox on the web, visit https://outlook.office.com. If you have questions about your email account please contact Technology Services Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 217-244-7000.
If you are enrolled in an online program, see additional steps in the Quick Guide for online students.
All other students should follow the Quick Guide.