Skip to main content

Understanding Taxability

Your funding may be subject to Federal and state income tax. The links below will direct you to campus services where you can collect relevant tax forms, learn tips and tricks, and ask questions as you complete your taxes.

General Information

Review the Internal Revenue Service for tax deadlines, guidance for students, and free file options.
The University Bursar's website has information on 1098-T forms.
The Student Money Management Center can help you learn about terminology, concepts, and forms.
International Students: Consult the International Student & Scholar Services website for additional information.
Student Employees: Check out the Office of Business and Financial Services website for information on tax forms.

For Students with Assistantships

Tax Information for Students with Assistantships

For Students with Fellowships

Tax Information for US Students with Fellowships
Tax Information for International Students with Fellowships

Tips and Tricks

Tackling Taxes, webinar through the Student Money Management  Center and Illinois Extension
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program through the Gies College of Business
Federal and State Tax Resources through the University of Illinois Library