Note: Use of Adobe Reader to access and complete the TDA form is strongly recommended (form fields may not function as intended when used with a preview app).
There are separate versions of the Thesis/Dissertation Approval (TDA) form for master's and doctoral students. This form must be completed and fully signed prior to submission to the Graduate College.
- Master's TDA form (This is a fillable PDF; please type in the required information including the names of the adviser/committee.)
- Doctoral TDA form (Use the pre-filled version provided to your department.)
Required TDA content
- The student's UIN
- The student's name
- The correct degree for which the thesis is being submitted
- The name of the student's department or program
- The required number of signatures
Required signatures for the master's TDA form = student's adviser (at least one signature in the adviser approval section or additional approval section must be that of a graduate faculty member) + department head or Director of Graduate Studies.
Required signatures for the doctoral TDA form = director of research (adviser) + all voting committee members who voted to pass the student at the final exam (defense) + the department head or Director of Graduate Studies..
All signatures must be on the same form. Signatures of off-site committee members may be obtained through faxing or scanning and emailing the form prior to the department head signing it. Authorized departmental faculty and staff should submit a scanned copy of the TDA form via the appropriate secured link on the Graduate College website.
Do not use correction fluids or tapes on this form. Do not modify the PDF file.