Thesis Format Reviewer: The department’s resource on all matters related to thesis and dissertation deposit. In addition to reviewing and approving the format of theses for students in the program(s), this person is responsible for communicating timely information about the deposit process to students and faculty, including deposit deadlines, format requirements, and the details of the department’s review procedure. This person is authorized to access the online Departmental Format Approval Form, which the Graduate College must receive before it will review a student’s thesis, and will be included in our Thesis Reviewer email list.
A Thesis Format Reviewer is named by the Executive Officer of a unit using the GC Roles & Access Manager.
- Training Materials for Thesis Format Reviewers
- Resources for Thesis Format Reviewers
- Departmental Format Approval Process
- Checklists and Other Downloadable Deposit Resources
- Frequently Asked Questions: Thesis Deposit
Workshop for Thesis Format Reviewers
The most recent workshop for departmental thesis reviewers was presented on March 20, 2014, as part of the Graduate College's Direct 2U webinar series. A copy of the presentation in PDF format is also available.
Resources for Thesis Format Reviewers
- Theses and Dissertations (Graduate Handbook)
- Graduate College Thesis Requirements
- Title page requirements
- Thesis deposit deadlines are listed on the Graduate College Thesis and Dissertation Calendar
- Master's thesis requirements (Graduate Handbook)
- Student thesis deposit process - Departmental format review is the last part of stage 2.
Departmental Format Approval Process
Submission of the student's Thesis/Dissertation Approval Form (TDA) indicates that the thesis has been approved by 1) the student's adviser and committee and 2) the department. The TDA should be submitted through the Secure Form Drop-Off site. Do not submit the TDA until the form has received both committee and departmental approval.
Note: Only individuals listed as an active Graduate Contact, Secondary Graduate Contact, and Director of Graduate Studies in the Graduate College Roles & Access Manager will be able to submit this form.
Don’t hesitate to email or call with questions
- Graduate College Thesis Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 333-6278