Petitions are now managed within the Enrolled Student Module in Slate. Petitions are initiated by the graduate student via the Graduate College Student Portal. Once a petition has been submitted, an email notification will be sent to the graduate program.
Petition Process Resources
- Departmental Quick-Guide on Petition Requirements
- For detailed instructions for specific types of petition requests, see Instructions for Petitions.
- Slate Enrolled Student Processing - How To Guides
- Slate Petitions - Faculty Quick Guide
For curriculum changes and re-entry requests, graduate programs can choose to require a full application for admission or to allow the student to submit a petition. Please review the specific instructions for these requests:
Slate Video Tutorials
- Slate Enrolled Student Module: Student Record Overview
- Slate Enrolled Student Module: Petition Processing for Administrators
- Slate Enrolled Student Module: Petition Processing for Faculty
- Student Video Tutorials: https://grad.illinois.edu/academic-support
- Please contact the Graduate College (email@example.com, (217) 333-0035) with any questions regarding the petitions process.
- If you do not currently have access to Slate and need access, please reach out to our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.