Monday, July 26 - Friday, July 30
Going on the faculty job market soon? Join us for valuable advice from our Career Development staff and from faculty who have served on search committees at a range of institutions. This week-long series of events includes presentations, hands-on activities, and faculty panels that will get you ready to apply this fall. Faculty panels will focus on both life as a professor and the job search process at different kinds of institutions. Find the program and registration information below.
The Faculty Job Search Process (Monday, July 26, 11:00 am-12:00 pm)
Interactive Cover Letter Workshop (Tuesday, July 27, 3:30 pm-5:00 pm)
Faculty Panel 1 (Wednesday, July 28, 4:00-5:15 pm)
- Dr. Janelle Mapes, Assistant Professor, Anatomy, Pacific Northwest University
- Dr. Michael Robson, Assistant Professor, Department of Computing Sciences, Villanova University
- Dr. Mary Unger, Associate Professor of English and Chair of the English Department, Ripon College
Faculty Panel 2 (Thursday, July 29, 4:00-5:15 pm)
- Dr. Neha Gothe, Associate Professor, Kinesiology and Community Health, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- Dr. Marc Hertzman, Associate Professor, History, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- Dr. Herschel Pangborn, Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering, Penn State University
Applying for a Postdoc (Friday, July 30, 11:00 am-12:00 pm)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the link to attend.