Skip to main content

For information related to the COVID-19 outbreak, visit:

Domestic Applicant FAQs: Starting and Completing the Application

Where can I get a printed copy of the application?

Paper copies of the application are not available.

I would like to apply as a non-degree student; how do I do this?

For more information on non-degree opportunities, please complete the Non-Degree Interest Form.

How do I apply to a degree-seeking program if I have already attended the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign as a non-degree graduate student?  

You must submit a new online application and application fee for the degree-seeking program of your interest.

How do I apply if I have already attended the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign as a degree-seeking graduate student? 

If returning to the Graduate College, please review our re-entry instructions. If you are a current graduate student wishing to change your major degree program, please review our curriculum change and transfer of credit instructions.

I am applying for a 2018 term, but previously applied (to a 2017 term or earlier), what do i do?

You must create a new account in the new online application system in order to submit the new application.

How do I apply to a joint program?

Please review our complete instructions for applying to a joint program.

Why is there no term in the drop down box in the program section of the application?

If you do not see a term listed, the program you are applying for may not admit for the Spring 2018 term, or the deadline may have passed. If you are applying for Summer or Fall 2018, these terms will be available in mid-August of 2017.